Who was Solomon?? The wisdom of Solomon and how he become king???
The son of hazrat dawood(A.S)& King of ancient Israel was Solomon,in Arabic “Suleman”.Hazrat Suleman AS was the prophet of Allah. He was born at Jerusalem.Solomon was the third king of Israel and was a just and wise ruler for the nation. His mother was also a very noble lady. Since his childhood, she used to preach him good things. Once she said,
“My son Suleman, give up the habit of sleeping the whole night. One who does so does not remember Allah during the night; his good deeds may decrease on the Day of Resurrection.”The Prophet Sulaiman (peace be upon him) was also a great lover of horses.
The childhood of Solomon:
Allah had endowed Hazrat Suleman (A.S.) with wisdom and intelligence since his very childhood.It was narrated by Abdullah bin masood and Abdullah bin Abbas that Once Hazrat Dawood (A.S) delivering his judgement in a case. Hazrat Suleman (A.S),who was then only eleven years old,was also sitting beside him. The case was between two persons one of whom had a claim that the goats of the other person had gazed his entire field and destroyed it totally. The loss was estimated as much as the cost of all the goats. Therefore, Hazrat Dawood (A.S) decided that all the goats should be handed over to the sufferer as reparation.
Hazrat Suleman (A.S) was listening to the entire proceeding, intervened and said,
“Father, your judgement is absolutely right. The farmer must get his loss repaired. But I have a better idea in my mind. Hazrat Dawood (A.S) said, Tell me, my son. What is that idea?”
Hazrat Suleman (A.S) replied, “The herd of these goats should be handed over to the farmer to utilize them and their Milk, The owner of these goats, and the other hand, be asked to sow seed and cultivate a crop in the farmer’s field. When it grows as much as the destroyed one, he should make it as well as the field over to the farmer and take back his goats.”
Hazrat Dawood (A.S) very much appreciated suleman’s decision and approved of it.
“And Dawud (David) and Sulaiman (Solomon) when they gave judgement concerning the field, when people’s sheep had strayed and browsed therein by night; and We were witnesses to their judgement. And We made Sulaiman to understand (the case); and unto each of them We gave judgement and knowledge.” (Al Qur’an 21: 78, 79)
How Hazrat Suleman(A.S) became king:
Hazrat Dawood (A.S) was the father of 19 sons. Each one of them hoped to inherit the father’s throne.Allah subhanu wa ta’ala revealed to Hazrat Dawood Alaihi salaam a few questions and their answers and commanded him to put those questions to each one of his sons. Whosoever answered those questions correctly, would inherit his throne(kingdom).
One day , he called his sons and asked some questions…
1) Which thing is closest (nearest) to man?
2) Which is the farthest thing?
3) Which two things are attached to each other?
4) Which is the most awe-creating thing?
5, Which two things remain unchanged?
6) Which two things are always different?
7) Which two things are opposed to each other?
8) What is the action the result of which is good?
9) What is that action the result of which is bad?
The 18 of sons couldn’t answer the questions then Hazrat Suleman answered the following questions
1) The nearest things to a man is the hereafter (Life and Death – as one may die any moment);
2) The farthest things is the time which has passed away (which is not to come again);
3) The two things that are attached to each other is man’s body with the soul;
4) The most awe-creating is the man’s body (dead) without soul;
5) The two things which remain the same are the sky and the earth;
6) The two things which are different are the day and night;
7) The two things which are opposed to each other are life and death;
8) The action – the end of which is good – is patience and forbearance at the time of anger;
9) The action – the end of which is bad is haste at the time of anger.
Hazrat Dawood alaihi salam was much impressed with his wisdom and appointed him as a king of the throne.